Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2001/12/20 18:20:09 UTC

[VOTE] remove and

Committers,
I would like to remove the <event-cache/> and <stream-cache/>
roles and replace them through <cachingpipeline-store/>
(awful naming, when you have better one then scream).

Why:
In the moment for each CachingxxxPipeline there are two
Stores instances on runtime. With this change it would
be only one!
Read this:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100801048317333&w=2
for more information.

  Gerhard

PS: I'm in Germany over x-mas (family business *sigh*).
I'm offlist after today for a week or so.

"When I die, I want to go just like my Grandfather,
in my sleep.
Not like the screaming passengers in the car
he was driving."
(Ancient Chinese Proverb)

Re: [VOTE] remove and

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

> [...]

Back to ground zero!  That is perfect, as people with really old
Cocoon implementations won't have to add two more entries....

+1

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

RE: [VOTE] remove and

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.

cache != store!

How about "store"?

  Gerhard

"Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma."

Re: [VOTE] remove and

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] remove and

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

> Committers,
> I would like to remove the <event-cache/> and <stream-cache/>
> roles and replace them through <cachingpipeline-store/>
> (awful naming, when you have better one then scream).
>
> Why:
> In the moment for each CachingxxxPipeline there are two
> Stores instances on runtime. With this change it would
> be only one!
> Read this:
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100801048317333&w=2
> for more information.

+1

Giacomo

>   Gerhard
>
> PS: I'm in Germany over x-mas (family business *sigh*).
> I'm offlist after today for a week or so.

Merry Christmas :)

RE: [VOTE] remove and

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Hi,
I removed this roles. The "Store" role is now the
one and only.

  Gerhard

"Nowadays we would first land a CNN crew, put up a COLOR camera
and ask Mr. Armstrong to come outside and make a jump for mankind..."

RE: [VOTE] remove and

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.