Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by vikram srinivasan <vi...@googlemail.com> on 2008/03/25 15:41:25 UTC

Logging framework for classic ASP

Hi,

Now that we are talking about logging frameworks for .NET, do we have a
recognised way of logging in classic ASP? I have an application written in
classic ASP without any logging and I would like to implement it afresh.
Would be great if you can share your thoughts on how to do this.

Thanks
Srini

RE: Logging framework for classic ASP

Posted by Dean Fiala <df...@celadonlabs.com>.
If you are starting from scratch move to .NET.

If you really want to stay in classic ASP, you can expose the log4net
classes through COM wrappers.  Here's a discussion on how to go about it and
what issues you will face...

http://www.nabble.com/COM-and-VisualBasic-6.0-and-log4net-to769573.html

Regards,

Dean