Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.com> on 1995/09/08 19:34:10 UTC

netscape marketing [cliff@steam.com (Cliff Skolnick)] (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: cliff@steam.com (Cliff Skolnick)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 21:53:52 PST
To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
Subject: netscape marketing

I just got this in the mail on my home machine where I have a couple
small web sites.  Heh..competitive upgrade. ;)  I've removed the
name to prtect the clueless from too much abuse.  I think the
group would enjoy this, long live apache.

On Sep 6,  7:59pm, X X  wrote:
} Subject: Would you like to use Netscape?
} Hello,
}
} Hey, nice web site but I noticed you are running shareware.  Have you ever
} considered running your site on a Netscape Server?   If you are interested
} I will trade your shareware for a Netscape Commerce running on Unix.  For
} the trade I can give you a 40% discount.   List price of Unix Server $5000.
}
}
} Interested?
} XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX		Phone: 415-528-XXXX
} Sales Representative		Fax: 415-528-XXXX
} Netscape Communications	Corp.	email: x@netscape.com
} 501 E Middlefield Road
} Mountain View CA 94043
}