Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net> on 2012/08/27 09:32:47 UTC

Backporting security fix

Hi,

while Debian Wheezy is in the freeze process, there was a security
issue found that affects 0.16:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2012/08/09/6

That means that I've to apply the fix to 0.16. The question is: what
should I do with the SONAME of the affected library (libqpidbroker) -
which exposes a method with a changed interface in this case?

Is there a SONAME proposal to not conflict with later versions of
qpidd?

Thanks!
Cajus

RE: Backporting security fix

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
There may be an Apache channel through which we can distribute security notices - we'd need to set up some structure on our side to track them though and be sure they're reported consistently.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>.
Thanks Andrew. Ok. I'll take a look at it for the Debian packages.

 From the packagers point of view, it would be really helpful to have

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.