Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/12 10:35:57 UTC

How to avoid multiple spring versions?

Hi,

we are using the spring framework ourselves and use the following
dependency:

            <dependency>
                <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
                <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
                <version>2.5.6</version>
            </dependency>

Some of our dependencies also depend on the spring framework, but not the
same version:

[INFO] +- org.apache.activemq:activemq-pool:jar:5.2.0:compile
[INFO] |  +-
org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec:jar:1.0.1:compile
[INFO] |  +- commons-pool:commons-pool:jar:1.4:compile
[INFO] |  \- org.springframework:spring-beans:jar:2.5.5:compile
[INFO] |     \- org.springframework:spring-core:jar:2.5.5:compile

Probably maven does not know it should not include spring-beans:2.5.5 and
spring-core:2.5.5 because I already have the 2.5.6 of the spring framework.
Is there a way to avoid this? Excludes on activemq or is there a better way?

regards,

Wim

Re: How to avoid multiple spring versions?

Posted by Wim Deblauwe <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

ok, thanks for the input everybody!

regards,