Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Stephen de Vries <st...@twisteddelight.org> on 2007/10/23 10:03:34 UTC

Multiselect tags

Are there any examples of how to write Actions for the multiselect
tags such as <s:select and <s:checkboxlist?  The Tag reference
documentation only explains how to use the tags themselves, but not
what the action or model should look like and whether any conversion
is required between the two.

I have already trawled through nabble to find any such example, but
all I can find on the subject are the same unanswered questions.

Surely someone must have used these tags before?

Re: Multiselect tags

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Stephen de Vries wrote:

> Are there any examples of how to write Actions for the multiselect tags
> such as <s:select and <s:checkboxlist?  The Tag reference documentation
> only explains how to use the tags themselves, but not what the action or
> model should look like and whether any conversion is required between
> the two.
>
> I have already trawled through nabble to find any such example, but all
> I can find on the subject are the same unanswered questions.
>
> Surely someone must have used these tags before?

Checkout the example apps (particularly Showcase) for tons of complete
examples of using this and other tags. Basically, your action/model just
needs to expose a pair of collections, one holding the set of available
selections and one to capture what is actually selected.

L.