Posted to dev@datafu.apache.org by Eyal Allweil <ey...@apache.org> on 2023/06/27 07:09:09 UTC

[VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.8.0 release RC0

Hi all,

As I wrote yesterday, I'd like to call a vote to release Apache DataFu
1.8.0. Like our last release, this is only datafu-spark (there are no
changes in the other modules). However, this time I have published
artifacts for both Scala 2.11 and 2.12 - we'll have a single vote for both
flavors. Their sources are identical.

For a summary of the changes in this release, see:
https://github.com/apache/datafu/blob/release-1.8.0-rc0/changes.md

The source release candidate RC0 can be downloaded here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/datafu/apache-datafu-1.8.0-rc0/

The artifacts (i.e. JARs) corresponding to this release candidate can be
found here:

For Scala 2.11
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedatafu-1015

For Scala 2.12
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedatafu-1016

Instructions for how to build against the artifacts in the staging
repository can be found in the RELEASE instructions (
https://github.com/apache/datafu/blob/main/RELEASE.md).

Files have been signed with PGP key
F4035CD23568D1D89F2CB69D4367FFCB3770D9C3, corresponding to
eyal@apache.org, which is included in the repository's KEYS file.  This
key can be found on keyservers (e.g. gpg --keyserver keys.openpgp.org
--search-key F4035CD23568D1D89F2CB69D4367FFCB3770D9C3).

Instructions for how to verify checksums and signatures can be found in the
README (https://github.com/apache/datafu/blob/main/README.md).

The release candidate has been tagged with release-1.8.0-rc0, which has
been signed with the same key.  I've also created a branch 1.8.0.

Please download the release candidate, check the hashes, check the
signatures, test it, and vote.  The vote will be open for 72 hours (ends on
June 27th at 11 a.m. GMT+3).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

My vote: +1

Thanks,
Eyal Allweil

Re: [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.8.0 release RC0

Posted by Matthew Hayes <mh...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Sam Shah <sh...@umich.edu>.
+1