Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robb Hammack <ro...@rhammack.com> on 2001/12/20 02:28:34 UTC

apxs - where do I get it?

can anyone tell me if apxs is available without recompiling apache? I've got Mandrake 8.1 with apache and mod_perl running stably and configured as I like it, and I don't want to recompile if it's not neccessary ;)
I wanted to upgrade my php to the new 4.1.0, but the configure as a dso instructions use --with apxs - and I can't find it on my system.

TIA, Robb Hammack

Re: apxs - where do I get it?

Posted by Robb Hammack <ro...@rhammack.com>.
Thanks for the response, Joshua.
Unfortunatly, there's no apache_devel rpm on the 3 cd's I've got for Mandrake :(
rpmfind shows several apache_devel rpm's from mandrake, but they don't match the ver. no. of my apache rpm. I'll take this over to a mandrakeexpert group, but it looks like I'll be downloading the source from apache.org and compiling after all. at least that way I'll have a "standard" build, with the files where they should be ;)

Thanks again!

Robb Hammack

RE: apxs - where do I get it?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.