Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/04 13:17:56 UTC

Re: [Proposition] - Apache KarafEE

To keep you informed, here are the last news :

- Discussion with Apache Geronimo team is ongoing
(http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/Proposition-Collaboration-between-Karaf-Geronimo-td3588113.html#a3591838)
and as they are interested to move from GBeans to something much more OSGI
compliant, then collaboration between teams is open.
- Apache OpenEJB team has created a Apache KarafEE (project). Till now, it
is part of OpenEJB subversion trunk
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb/osgi/) and contains
Karaf 2.2.4 + rebrand + command to list, deploy, undeploy EJBs components
and of course OpenEJB deployed as features
- Apache KarafEE or Karaf + OpenEJB have succeeded to deploy @Stateless,
@Statefull, @Singletion, @Inject beans like also @Entity beans (which are
deploy by OpenEJB in OpenJPA)
- The beans can be called using OSGI service and interface name or using EJB
lookup mechanism (local, remote)
- Different tests have been made like also calling EJBs beans from camel
routes

Re: [Proposition] - Apache KarafEE

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps with KarafEE, we have established a new era for Java OSGI
Application Servers design like Apache Tomcat more than a decade ago