Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by KramKroc <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/14 16:18:40 UTC

Trailing Slash added in POST

Hi folks,

I'm using the JAXRSClientFactoryBean in a client to submit a POST to a
remote server. I've noticed that enough though the URI I supply does not
have a trailing slash and I don't supply any path parameters, the URI that
is invoked has a trailing slash inserted and the remote server is rejecting
the request as a result of this.

Is there anyway to stop the trailign slash from being inserted when no path
parameters are supplied?

/KramKroc

Re: Trailing Slash added in POST

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark
On 10/10/11 14:40, KramKroc wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> thanks for the pointer. I recently had to look at this again as the code I
> added was not too robust :)
>
> Could you point me at the ticket that was raised originally for this issue
> or else where abouts in the code (class?) that the fix was placed?

Here it is

JIRA seems to be down though, here is another link:

http://cxf.547215.n5.nabble.com/svn-commit-r1147504-in-cxf-trunk-rt-frontend-jaxrs-src-main-java-org-apache-cxf-jaxrs-client-systest-td4595194.html

How does that single slash value escape ?

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm using the JAXRSClientFactoryBean in a client to submit a POST to a
> remote server. I've noticed that enough though the URI I supply does not
> have a trailing slash and I don't supply any path parameters, the URI that
> is invoked has a trailing slash inserted and the remote server is rejecting
> the request as a result of this.

has been fixed now,

> Is there anyway to stop the trailign slash from being inserted when no path
> parameters are supplied?

Yes, as a workaround register an out CXF interceptor, which would remove
the trailing slash
from the request URI, which is available on the current message as
Message.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS property

Cheers, Sergey