Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2018/06/12 14:46:13 UTC

[DISCUSS] Next releases

Hi all,
as you might have noticed, 2.0.9 is already full of fixes and new
features as the OpenID Connect Client extension and the Docker images [1].
To me, the only blocker for proceeding with such release is the
availability of CXF 3.1.16, which should take place soon according to
the existing discussion there.

Moreover, with recent release of OpenJPA 3.0.0, one of the biggest
blockers for 2.1.0 was removed; currently, the only one is CXF 3.2.5,
which should follow the same timeline as above.
There are other pending issues to do [2], which could be moved to 2.1.1
or even to next stable 3.0.0.

I propose to:

1. proceed with 2.0.9 and 2.1.0 as soon as CXF releases are available
2. as consequence of 2.1.0, a new 2_1_X branch will be created, and
master will get 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
3. since 2_0_X has java 7 compatibility, 2_1_X will retain java 8, and
master java 9+

WDYT?
Regards.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SYNCOPE/versions/12342943
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SYNCOPE/versions/12334366

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] Next releases

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
Hi all,
update on this topic: all the three items below are now done.

I have opened SYNCOPE-1332 to track the work around Java 9/10 on the
master branch.

IMO, we should focus now in defining what to put in 3.0.0.

Regards.

Re: [DISCUSS] Next releases

Posted by Matteo Alessandroni <ma...@tirasa.net>.
Hi,

sounds great to me!
+1

Best regards,
Matteo

> Hi all,
> as you might have noticed, 2.0.9 is already full of fixes and new
> features as the OpenID Connect Client extension and the Docker images
> [1].
> To me, the only blocker for proceeding with such release is the
> availability of CXF 3.1.16, which should take place soon according to
> the existing discussion there.
>
> Moreover, with recent release of OpenJPA 3.0.0, one of the biggest
> blockers for 2.1.0 was removed; currently, the only one is CXF 3.2.5,
> which should follow the same timeline as above.
> There are other pending issues to do [2], which could be moved to
> 2.1.1 or even to next stable 3.0.0.
>
> I propose to:
>
> 1. proceed with 2.0.9 and 2.1.0 as soon as CXF releases are available
> 2. as consequence of 2.1.0, a new 2_1_X branch will be created, and
> master will get 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> 3. since 2_0_X has java 7 compatibility, 2_1_X will retain java 8, and
> master java 9+
>
> WDYT?
> Regards.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SYNCOPE/versions/12342943
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SYNCOPE/versions/12334366

--

Dott. Matteo Alessandroni

Software Engineer @ Tirasa S.r.l.

Viale Vittoria Colonna, 97 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173

http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=skylark17
<http://people.apache.org/phonebook.html?uid=skylark17>

Tirasa S.r.l. <http://www.tirasa.net>

Re: [DISCUSS] Next releases

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.

Il 12/06/2018 16:46, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> as you might have noticed, 2.0.9 is already full of fixes and new
> features as the OpenID Connect Client extension and the Docker images
> [1].
> To me, the only blocker for proceeding with such release is the
> availability of CXF 3.1.16, which should take place soon according to
> the existing discussion there.
>
> Moreover, with recent release of OpenJPA 3.0.0, one of the biggest
> blockers for 2.1.0 was removed; currently, the only one is CXF 3.2.5,
> which should follow the same timeline as above.
> There are other pending issues to do [2], which could be moved to
> 2.1.1 or even to next stable 3.0.0.
>
> I propose to:
>
> 1. proceed with 2.0.9 and 2.1.0 as soon as CXF releases are available
> 2. as consequence of 2.1.0, a new 2_1_X branch will be created, and
> master will get 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> 3. since 2_0_X has java 7 compatibility, 2_1_X will retain java 8, and
> master java 9+
>
> WDYT?
> Regards.

+1

> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SYNCOPE/versions/12342943
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SYNCOPE/versions/12334366

--
Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

http://people.apache.org/~mdisabatino/

Re: [DISCUSS] Next releases

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1, it sounds good to me as well.

Regards
JB

On 13/06/2018 11:10, Matteo Di Carlo wrote:
> +1, sounds good to me.
>
> Matteo

>> Hi all,
>> as you might have noticed, 2.0.9 is already full of fixes and new
>> features as the OpenID Connect Client extension and the Docker images
>> [1].
>> To me, the only blocker for proceeding with such release is the
>> availability of CXF 3.1.16, which should take place soon according to
>> the existing discussion there.
>>
>> Moreover, with recent release of OpenJPA 3.0.0, one of the biggest
>> blockers for 2.1.0 was removed; currently, the only one is CXF 3.2.5,
>> which should follow the same timeline as above.
>> There are other pending issues to do [2], which could be moved to
>> 2.1.1 or even to next stable 3.0.0.
>>
>> I propose to:
>>
>> 1. proceed with 2.0.9 and 2.1.0 as soon as CXF releases are available
>> 2. as consequence of 2.1.0, a new 2_1_X branch will be created, and
>> master will get 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>> 3. since 2_0_X has java 7 compatibility, 2_1_X will retain java 8, and
>> master java 9+
>>
>> WDYT?
>> Regards.
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SYNCOPE/versions/12342943
>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SYNCOPE/versions/12334366

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Next releases

Posted by Matteo Di Carlo <ma...@tirasa.net>.
+1, sounds good to me.

Matteo

Re: [DISCUSS] Next releases

Posted by Andrea Patricelli <an...@apache.org>.

Il 12/06/2018 16:46, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> as you might have noticed, 2.0.9 is already full of fixes and new
> features as the OpenID Connect Client extension and the Docker images
> [1].
> To me, the only blocker for proceeding with such release is the
> availability of CXF 3.1.16, which should take place soon according to
> the existing discussion there.
>
> Moreover, with recent release of OpenJPA 3.0.0, one of the biggest
> blockers for 2.1.0 was removed; currently, the only one is CXF 3.2.5,
> which should follow the same timeline as above.
> There are other pending issues to do [2], which could be moved to
> 2.1.1 or even to next stable 3.0.0.
>
> I propose to:
>
> 1. proceed with 2.0.9 and 2.1.0 as soon as CXF releases are available
> 2. as consequence of 2.1.0, a new 2_1_X branch will be created, and
> master will get 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT
> 3. since 2_0_X has java 7 compatibility, 2_1_X will retain java 8, and
> master java 9+
>
> WDYT?

+1

> Regards.