Posted to user@poi.apache.org by elennick <ev...@accenture.com> on 2009/05/05 20:08:56 UTC

POI-HSLF Display Issue With Office/PowerPoint 2000

I am having an issue with HSLF generated PPT files. They appear perfectly
fine when viewed in a majority of environments and with most versions of PPT
but in the very specific situation that we are running Windows 2000 Pro SP4
with Office 2000 SP3, PowerPoint files come up distorted and missing
information. Slides that display fine with the same Apache POI-HSLF API
generated slideshow file in several other environments (for example, Windows
XP Pro SP2 with Office 2003 SP3) have slides that only show the master slide
but not any of the other generated content. The Windows 2000/Office 2000
environment also ignores parts of the master slide that displays PNG files.

Are there any known issues with HSLF generated PPT files not viewing
properly using Windows/Office 2000? The closest thing I could find on the
forums to what I am experiencing was this:

http://www.nabble.com/probelm-with-ppt-content-when-working-with-apache-hslf-classes-td21027588.html#a21027588
http://www.nabble.com/probelm-with-ppt-content-when-working-with-apache-hslf-classes-td21027588.html#a21027588

...but it didn't not provide much help. I realize that this may or may not
be actually related to the fact the files are being generated by the HSLF
API but any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Evan