Posted to dev@curator.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <ra...@apache.org> on 2013/04/16 05:59:53 UTC

First attempt at Release doc

Please have a look at

	http://curator.incubator.apache.org/committers.html

and comment. This is based on the Onami release doc.

-Jordan

Re: First attempt at Release doc

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Hi Jordan. Great progress. One suggestion is that you move "how to
release" to the wiki, up to you but IMO it makes maintaining and
updating much easier.

See the vote section of the release guide:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-incubator-release-vote
In particular you need to call the vote on the incubator general list.

See this old page from Whirr for a good example of the process (and
one I'm familar with ;-) whirr also uses maven although not the
release plugin)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27833322

Patrick

Posted by Jay Zarfoss <za...@apache.org>.