Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Vladimir Zavada <za...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/11 20:51:44 UTC

JOptionpane dialog windows

I have a question about using JOptionPane dialogs in my wicket
application. Is it safe to use them? Is it better to use javascript
alert or JOptionPane dialog?

thx for your opinion

Re: JOptionpane dialog windows

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
"to my surprise the confirmation dialog did not show on laptop no2"

Really? Surprise? If it did work, why on earth would you be developing
HTML applications. You could just send swing apps via browsers...

... maybe in the future. Or via a remote desktop.

**
Martin

Re: JOptionpane dialog windows

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Because swing is a desktop programming framework.  It is not used in web
applications.  It is not used in Wicket applications.  It only knows how to
open windows using the computer's windowing system - the computer that it is
on.  It does not know how to generate HTML or know anything about HTTP.

If you want a confirm dialog in a web app, you need to use javascript.
<script>confirm('Are you really sure that you are programming a web
app?');</script>  This will open on the client computer.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Posted by Vladimir Zavada <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Zavada <za...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I was talking about javax.swing.JOptionPane. Could you explain it
to more detail, why I can not use javax.swing.JOptionPane in my wicket
app? I am using it right now and it works fine. Is it because, it
depends of JRE of end user or is it something else?

Posted by Martin Voigt <ma...@artnology.com>.