Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Esteve Fernandez <es...@sindominio.net> on 2009/11/02 21:25:20 UTC

Re: ApacheCon

Hi

> Any interest in a thrift hackathon of sorts this week coordinating with
> ApacheCon? It might be a good way to kickstart this release we've been
> trying to do - if we all get in a room with some laptops and beer maybe we
> can get something out the door?

Sure. I'll be here all week, so any day works for me. There are some Cassandra
folks here (big users of Thrift), who may give us some useful feedback too.

> There's a Hadoop meetup on Thurs but Tues or Wed are open for me. I could
> potentially snag Cloudera offices but they're a bit of a trek from Oakland
> given the Bay Bridge is out of commission. Anyone have office space near to
> Oakland in the east bay?

Hooray, the Bay Bridge is open again [1]!

Cheers.

1 - http://baybridgeinfo.org/

Re: ApacheCon

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 21:25 +0100, Esteve Fernandez wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Any interest in a thrift hackathon of sorts this week coordinating with
> > ApacheCon? It might be a good way to kickstart this release we've been
> > trying to do - if we all get in a room with some laptops and beer maybe we
> > can get something out the door?
>
> Sure. I'll be here all week, so any day works for me. There are some Cassandra
> folks here (big users of Thrift), who may give us some useful feedback too.
>
> > There's a Hadoop meetup on Thurs but Tues or Wed are open for me. I could
> > potentially snag Cloudera offices but they're a bit of a trek from Oakland
> > given the Bay Bridge is out of commission. Anyone have office space near to
> > Oakland in the east bay?
>
> Hooray, the Bay Bridge is open again [1]!
>
> Cheers.
>
> 1 - http://baybridgeinfo.org/

If you did it on Tuesday, we could see if you can find space at the
conference, as the hackathon is free. And, because it is free, I'm
spending tomorrow there.

Upayavira