Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Lee <ml...@hotmail.com> on 2002/12/03 18:54:18 UTC

Re: Security roles with Struts

for container managed roles struts actions act just like all http request
that the container can intercept.
in the web.xml
  <security-constraint>
    <display-name>Secure Something</display-name>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Admin Resources</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/admin/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>Admin</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
    <user-data-constraint>
      <description>Secure all data</description>
      <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
    </user-data-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

What this does is lock down all requests to the /admin/ directory to users
of Admin role.
You can do the same with actions by putting in the url pattern using
wildcards or the action itself.
for example;
      <url-pattern>/admin/addUser.do</url-pattern>

Posted by David Bolsover <da...@bolsover.com>.
Make sure you look at the logic taglib

<logic:present role="level3">

very useful :-)