Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Wazir Abdool <is...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 02:20:03 UTC

Re: using forrest 0.8-dev with Tomcat-5.5.12

Hi David,

I've been experimenting with forrest-0.8 on tomcat-5.5.17 and j2sdk1.4.2_13
and i recently suceeded to run the forrest war without crashing tomcat.
However, there are still a few errors trying to locate resources:

================core.log================
WARN    (2007-05-20) 12:11.47:796   [core.manager] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-Thread/CoreServiceManager: ComponentLocator exception from parent SM
during lookup.
org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Component for key
'org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver' not found. (Key='Cocoon')
	at
org.apache.cocoon.core.container.SingleComponentServiceManager.lookup(SingleComponentServiceManager.java:68)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.core.container.CoreServiceManager.lookup(CoreServiceManager.java:355)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.helpers.DefaultIncludeCacheManager.service(DefaultIncludeCacheManager.java:384)
	at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.service(ContainerUtil.java:143)

To get the war file to run on tomcat, i moved the following jar files from
forrest's lib\core directory over into tomcat's lib dir:
commoms.logging.jar
logkit-1.2.2.jar
jsp-api.jar

Hope this helps, I'm still working on resolving all errors importing
forrest's wars into tomcat...

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 21/05/07, Wazir Abdool <is...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, there are still a few errors trying to locate resources:
>
> ================core.log================
> WARN    (2007-05-20) 12:11.47:796   [core.manager] (Unknown-URI)

That is not an error, it is a warning. It occurs within Cocoon and can
be safely ignored.

> To get the war file to run on tomcat, i moved the following jar files from
> forrest's lib\core directory over into tomcat's lib dir:
> commoms.logging.jar
> logkit-1.2.2.jar
> jsp-api.jar

Looks like you had a jar file incompatibility. 0.8-dev has been tested
and reported working in Tomcat, but we can never be certain of machine
configurations.

Thanks for the update on what you needed to do, hopefully having this
in the archives will help others in the same position.

Ross