Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2006/08/01 12:42:09 UTC

Re: [1.4] Trunk temporarily unstable

> Does this mean I should keep my hands off? ;)

No, any help is greatly appreciated! :)
It's just that the code might be a little hard to understand
at the moment, and you shouldn't wonder too much if you come
across strange constructs.

> It is soo tempting to
> follow the rabbit down the hole when I see
> "org.apache.lenya.cms.site.SiteException: No node found for
> [default:live:/index]"
> when trying to request
> http://lenya.zones.apache.org:9999/default/authoring/index.html

That shouldn't occur anymore now.

> How far along is the UUID impl?

The repository layer integration is quite functional now, but
the peripheral regions (link handling, pipelines, ...) have to be updated.

Some hints / todos:

- There are some hacks which check if it is an old ID
  (starting with a slash) or a new UUID, this way the content
  doesn't have to be migrated yet

- The indexing pipelines don't work with UUIDs, that's why an
  exception is thrown after editing new docs

- The API should be simplified, e.g. I guess we can remove the
  DocumentIdentifier class and maybe even the DocumentLocator.
  I added some methods to the SiteUtility, I hope we can remove
  them as well and replace them with methods in more obvious
  classes.

-- Andreas