Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rik Serpentier <Ri...@vmw.be> on 2006/11/08 08:37:53 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite.a and mod_rewrite.la instead of .so

Hi,

I'm working on Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Intel), and have little experience with
Unix-commands.

I have two questions :

1) When installing Apache 2.2.3 from source I run these commands in
Terminal :

$ sudo ./configure" \
>--prefix=/apache_test \
>--enable-modules=most \
>--enable-mods-shared=all \
>--enable-modules=so \
>--enable-rewrite=shared

$sudo make

$sudo make install

When I check the modules-directory I find all modules as files with the
".so"-extension, except for mod_rewrite. There are two files :
mod_rewrite.a and mod_rewrite.la

What is the cause and how can I solve this ?

2) I have a working Apache-installation and want to add the
rewrite-modules. How is an update done ?

Thank you for any help

With kind regards

Rik Serpentier