Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Paul Hussein <pa...@terma.it> on 2003/03/24 16:50:56 UTC

webdav client API and mime types

Hi,

I am trying to understand how WebDAV and the slide API to WebDAV deals with
mime-types.

When I list the properties of a file I have places onto a webdav server (
Apache/DAV 2 ) with Cadaver, i Get a mime type.

SO does this mean its part of the standard ?

The API for adding a file to a server  ( put ) seems not to provide an
interface for specifying a mime-type. Is this an omission ?

Could I add this and check the code in ?

How would it be best to progress this, as I would like to add files with a
mime-type to a repository, and retrieve them with an associated mime-type.
Have I missed something ?

Thanks.

Paul.

Re: webdav client API and mime types

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Hello Paul,

"Paul Hussein" <pa...@terma.it> writes:

> I am trying to understand how WebDAV and the slide API to WebDAV deals with
> mime-types.

IIRC slide webdav determines the mime type, when a document is PUT
on the server.

If the client specifies a mime type, this is stored.
Otherwise the webdav servlet checks for  extension to
mime type mapping in web.xml. If non is found, the
default-mime-type as specified in web.xml is used.

Martin