Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Stig Hagen Dommarsnes <st...@machina.no> on 2002/01/22 18:13:45 UTC

BasicDeserializer and xsi:nil

Guys,

I just stumbled across something that looks like a bug in
org.apache.axis.encoding.BasicDeserializer.onEndElement() - the line

value = makeValue(val.toString());

doesn't check for Deserializer.isNil (set on xsi:nil). As far as I can
tell, this check doesn't happen anywhere else either, so
DateSerializer.DeSer (which extends BasicDeserializer) gets passed an
empty String even if xsi:nil is set.

Replacing the line with

if (isNil)
     value = null;
else
     value = makeValue(val.toString());

fixes the problem for me (and theoretically for all children of
BasicDeserializer), and functional-tests runs successfully with the patch.

--
Stig Hagen Dommarsnes
Partner, Machina AS / +47 55 96 21 25