Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jan Bols <ja...@ivpv.ugent.be> on 2005/06/09 16:01:42 UTC

Improving selectManyCheckbox and selectOneRadio

Using a selectManyCheckbox or selectOneRadio, you have limited control
over the layout. You can only specify the items to be rendered in 1 row or
in 1 column. A lot of times you want to specifiy in how many columns you
want the items to be rendered.

I extended the x:selectManyCheckbox and x:selectOneRadio component by
adding a columns attribute. This specifies how many columns are being used
to render the selectItem objects inside it. It works together with the
layout attribute. F.e. if layout is set to pageDirection and columns is
set to 2, the items will be rendered in 2 columns starting at the first
column from top to bottom and then at the second column from top to
bottom. If layout is set to lineDirection and columns is set to 2, the
items will be rendered in 2 columns starting at the first row from left to
right and then the next row etc...

All components, tags and renderers are subclassed from the myfaces
extensions ones and can be easily integrated.Because I think it can be of
value to other people it might be usefull to integrate it in myfaces, but
I don't know how to do this. Do I create a JIRA issue for this?

A jarfile can be downloaded from
http://www.ivpv.ugent.be/~jan/ivpvMyfacesExtensions.jar

Greetings
Jan

Re: Improving selectManyCheckbox and selectOneRadio

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Enrique Medina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jesse created a new project in Sourceforge for this kind of
> components, so we can try them and then decide whether they should
> belong to MyFaces components:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/

Yes, I also recommend to send a mail to Jesse Alexander
for a write access and then dump the sources there.
But beware, there will be an official sandbox opened soon,
so expect to move things in a few weeks.

Werner

Re: Improving selectManyCheckbox and selectOneRadio

Posted by Enrique Medina <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Jesse created a new project in Sourceforge for this kind of
components, so we can try them and then decide whether they should
belong to MyFaces components:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/jsf-comp/

Regards,
Quique.