Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/09/21 15:59:04 UTC

Android / Dalvik compatibility; was Re: [POLL] Minimal JRE level as of HttpClient 4.4

On Sat, 2013-09-21 at 09:04 -0400, Gary Gregory wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2013, at 7:23, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> > This is actually a pretty good point. I completely forgot Android was
> > still at 1.6 level.
>
> So what? We are at Google's mercy? Who knows when A will support Java
> 7 or 8 if ever.
>
> Gary

This is not about pleasing Google. I would not take a squat next to
those people given how badly they crewed us over with HttpClient 4.0.
However, we still ought to take interests of Android developers into
consideration. If we do not immediately start making use of Java 1.7
features, we gain nothing by making lives of Android developers even
more difficult.

Oleg

Re: Android / Dalvik compatibility; was Re: [POLL] Minimal JRE level as of HttpClient 4.4

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2013-09-22 at 00:56 +0700, Alexey Panchenko wrote:
> try-with-resources is just a syntax sugar -
> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jls/se7/html/jls-14.html#jls-14.20.3
> It simplifies the code, but it is not an improvement for users.
>
> Alex

Well, kind of. It also comes with support for #addSuppressed.

Oleg

Posted by Alexey Panchenko <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher BROWN <br...@reflexe.fr>.