Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Simon Detheridge <si...@widgit.com> on 2005/04/11 18:27:29 UTC

Apache says 404

Hi,

Trying to get axis-c working with my apache-2.0.53 installation. (On
Gentoo, if it makes a difference)

I've followed the installation guide, and have got the
$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/bin/simple_axis_server program talking to
$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/bin/base, without problems.

Apache2 is correctly loading the axis2 module... I can tell because I've
loaded mod_info, and http://localhost/server-info#mod_axis2.cpp says:

Module Name: mod_axis2.cpp
Content handlers: yes
Configuration Phase Participation: none
Request Phase Participation: none
Module Directives: none

I have added the following to the *end* of my httpd.conf...

<Location /axis>
  SetHandler axis
</Location>

However, when I browse to http://localhost/axis (or
http://localhost/axis/ with a trailing slash) I get:

Not Found
The requested URL /axis was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.53 (Gentoo/Linux) mod_ssl/2.0.53 OpenSSL/0.9.7d Server at
localhost Port 80

Any ideas what might be going on? Apache is writing a number of traces
to AxisLog when I start it, one per apache instance I guess, but it
contains no useful information.

Thanks,
Simon
--
Simon Detheridge
SEN Developer, Widgit Software

Re: Apache says 404

Posted by Simon Detheridge <si...@widgit.com>.
On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 10:45, Simon Detheridge wrote:

> Is axis-c picky about the xerces-c version I have installed? I have
> version 2.6.0, and the docs ask for 2.2.0...

Well, I tried 2.2.0, made no difference. I also tried the 1.5 alpha,
with no luck.

Is there any way I can make axis-c more verbose about all of this?

Thanks,
Simon

Re: Apache says 404

Posted by Simon Detheridge <si...@widgit.com>.
On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 02:35, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Please double check the contents of $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/etc/axiscpp.conf file.
> Make sure that the location of the files mentioed in axiscpp.conf are
> in the correct locaions.

I have done so. I have also symlinked $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/etc/axiscpp.conf
into /etc, just in case.

Incidentally, if I do either omit or deliberately mis-spell one of the
settings in axiscpp.conf, apache just starts spewing millions of
N7axiscpp19AxisEngineExceptionE errors to the error_log... So it looks
like it can find all the files and libs.

> (As you can run simple axis server I hope the above settings are ok -
> but just verify)
>
> Also, you have to check if Apache can locate the xerces libs as well
> as Axis C++ libs. We have seen similar problems when apache could not
> locate xerces libs. I copied xerces libs to /usr/libs and the problem
> was one (yes it is not the best thing to do) May be you could add
> xerces lib path to /etc/ld.so.conf

xerces-c is installed into /usr/lib also. (In fact, gentoo installs
everything --prefix=/usr by default) - so that's not it. The path to the
axis libs is in ld.so.conf also, however. (I tried symlinking the
xerces-c libs into the axis libs directory, no luck there.)

Re: Apache says 404

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Please double check the contents of $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/etc/axiscpp.conf file.
Make sure that the location of the files mentioed in axiscpp.conf are
in the correct locaions.

(As you can run simple axis server I hope the above settings are ok -
but just verify)

Also, you have to check if Apache can locate the xerces libs as well
as Axis C++ libs. We have seen similar problems when apache could not
locate xerces libs. I copied xerces libs to /usr/libs and the problem
was one (yes it is not the best thing to do) May be you could add
xerces lib path to /etc/ld.so.conf

Thanks,
Samisa...