Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sophie Blee-Goldman <so...@confluent.io.INVALID> on 2021/04/08 20:48:23 UTC

[VOTE] 2.6.2 RC1

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the second candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.6.2.

Apache Kafka 2.6.2 is a bugfix release and fixes 35 issues since the 2.6.1
release. Please see the release notes for more information.

Release notes for the 2.6.2 release:
https://home.apache.org/~ableegoldman/kafka-2.6.2-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Tuesday, April 13th, 9am PST

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~ableegoldman/kafka-2.6.2-rc1/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~ableegoldman/kafka-2.6.2-rc1/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.6 branch) is the 2.6.2 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.6.2-rc1

* Documentation:
https://kafka.apache.org/26/documentation.html

* Protocol:
https://kafka.apache.org/26/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 2.6 branch:
Unit/integration tests:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Kafka/job/kafka-2.6-jdk8/114/
System tests:
https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka-branch-builder/4458/

/**************************************

Thanks,
Sophie

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.2 RC1

Posted by Bill Bejeck <bb...@gmail.com>.
Sophie, thanks for running the release.

I verified the signatures checksums, built from source, and ran the unit
tests.

+1(binding)

-Bill

Re: [VOTE] 2.6.2 RC1