Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/11 09:05:23 UTC

How to fix MRESOURCES-111?

Hi,

does anyone have an idea for

a) a workaround for MRESOURCES-111; this problem is hurting me quite much
b) a recommendation of where to look at, because I did not find the
respective property
    even used, so I have no idea what to inspect in order to provide a fix

Thanks,

Jochen

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!

Re: How to fix MRESOURCES-111?

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Stephen Connolly
<st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Side-step the problem.
>
> Since you are substituting the build path, I am going to assume that
> you are using this database for testing.
>
> If you are not using this database for testing, then you don't want to
> be using the hard-coded path on your build machine.
>
> As such, I would recommend cheating and using derby's in-memory mode.
> It will be faster, and you have less tidy-up to do.
>
> so your property would now become:
>
> <jdbc.url>jdbc:derby:memory:derby-db;create=true</jdbc.url>

Excellent idea! Thank you! :-)

Jochen

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!

Re: How to fix MRESOURCES-111?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
2009/11/11 Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone have an idea for
>
> a) a workaround for MRESOURCES-111; this problem is hurting me quite much

Side-step the problem.

Since you are substituting the build path, I am going to assume that
you are using this database for testing.

If you are not using this database for testing, then you don't want to
be using the hard-coded path on your build machine.

As such, I would recommend cheating and using derby's in-memory mode.
It will be faster, and you have less tidy-up to do.

so your property would now become:

<jdbc.url>jdbc:derby:memory:derby-db;create=true</jdbc.url>

Bye-bye path location problem!

If you need the file on disk, just use a relative path, since the
working directory will always be the directory in which _a_ pom.xml
file is located, if you use

<jdbc.url>jdbc:derby:target/derby-db;create=true</jdbc.url>

Then the database will end up in ${basedir}/target, and can therefore
be blown away by mvn clean

-Stephen