Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by cy...@gmx.net on 2009/12/08 12:30:08 UTC

writing to hdfs from c++ with hadoop pipes

Hi,
i want to write a files to hdfs, using hadoop pipes. can anyone tell me how to do that?
Im using an external library that writes its output to disk, so probably i have to read that output and write it to the distributed filesystem?
I found only FSDataOutputStream, a java class.
Can anyone help?
Moreover, can anyone tell me where i can find goot documentation about hadoop pipes? Nearly everything i find is java specific or general information about MapReduce. I looked at the hadoop pipes source and it looked very restricted, can i do everything in hadoop pipes that is possible to do in java?

Thanks for your help
Frank

(sorry for sending this twice, forgot subject in the first time)