Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Scott Shippee <ss...@scoden.net> on 2010/12/05 22:04:31 UTC

[users@httpd] PHP Issue...

Not sure this is really the place for this question.  but I am hoping that
someone might have an answer nonetheless.

I use php5 (Apache2, php5, Ubuntu) and a product called phpAlbum, which up
until now has worked great.  Recently one of my customers required that I
turn off SHORT_TAGS in php, which resolved their problem just fine.
However, it has cause the phpAlbum product to fail, which uses short tags.
The programmer that wrote phpAlbum had talked about producing his product
with short tags.  But nothing has been posted since mid-last  year on his
web site.

Anyway the real question is:  Is there a way to have short tags turned on
for one web site and turned off for another?

As always any help would be great.  Thanks.

Scott

Re: [users@httpd] PHP Issue...

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
----- "Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski" <ra...@id.uw.edu.pl> wrote:

> > Anyway the real question is:  Is there a way to have short tags
> turned
> > on for one web site and turned off for another?
>
> Yes, either by

php_admin_flag short_open_tags on

in vhost. Or in a <directory > of that vhost,
should it be only valid for a certain part of the application.

Re: [users@httpd] PHP Issue...

Posted by Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski <ra...@id.uw.edu.pl>.
> Anyway the real question is:  Is there a way to have short tags turned
> on for one web site and turned off for another?

Yes, either by

php_flag short_open_tags on

in .htaccess or separate php.ini for vhost.