Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Muhammad Rizwan <ri...@nixpanel.com> on 2005/10/02 01:00:57 UTC

[users@httpd] virtual directory

Hello

I want to ask about Virtual directories in Apache, i.e. how i can create
Virtual directories in Apache. How i can map and use them in my domain
(i.e. lets say www.domain.com).

Any idea,

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] virtual directory

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 10/1/05, Muhammad Rizwan <ri...@nixpanel.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to ask about Virtual directories in Apache, i.e. how i can create
> Virtual directories in Apache. How i can map and use them in my domain
> (i.e. lets say www.domain.com).

When you want to map a particular domain name to a particular
directory, that is called a "virtual host".  See the apache docs, and
in particular, the docs on "name-based virtual hosts".

If you want to map a particular web directory to a particular file
directory (eg. www.example.com/dir goes to c:/dir) then you want an
Alias.  Look that up in the apache docs.

All of this is summarized at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/urlmapping.html

Joshua.

RE: [users@httpd] virtual directory

Posted by Andres Paju <an...@hot.ee>.
Good afternoon Muhammad Rizwan

I hope this example will help you

# This should be changed to the ServerRoot/manual/.  The alias provides
# the manual, even if you choose to move your DocumentRoot.  You may
comment
# this out if you do not care for the documentation.
#
AliasMatch ^/manual(?:/(?:de|en|es|fr|ja|ko|ru))?(/.*)?$
"X:/Apache/Apache2/manual$1"

<Directory "X:/Apache/Apache2/manual">
    Options Indexes
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

    <Files *.html>
        SetHandler type-map
    </Files>

    SetEnvIf Request_URI ^/manual/(de|en|es|fr|ja|ko|ru)/
prefer-language=$1
    RedirectMatch 301 ^/manual(?:/(de|en|es|fr|ja|ko|ru)){2,}(/.*)?$
/manual/$1$2
</Directory>

#
# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
# documents in the realname directory are treated as applications and
# run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the
client.
# The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias directives as
# Alias.