Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/09 07:02:53 UTC

Connecting JConsole to ResourceManager

Hi All,

I am trying to connect to a running ResourceManager process on Windows. I
ran jconsole and it shows the ResourceManager process. When I try
connecting, it immediately fails saying that it cannot connect.

I verified that the cluster is running fine by running the wordcount
example.

Please advise.

Regards,

Atri

Re: Connecting JConsole to ResourceManager

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rakesh.

I have all of that setup. I am intermittently able to connect but then not
again.

I had a quick question. Can I use localhost:8080/jmx to view the counters
registered with metrics2 framework? I added some RPC counters and
registered my new class with DefaultMetricsSystem.

Regards,

Atri

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi Atri,
>
> Do you meant, something like, jconsole [processID].
>
> afaik, the local jmx uses the local filesystem. I hope your processes are
> running under same user to ensure there is no permission issues. Also,
> could you please check %TEMP% and %TMP% environment variables and make sure
> YOUR_USER_NAME in this is exactly same(I meant, case sensitive). I had
> observed some problematic cases like directory created with lowercase
> letters and username with uppercase letters.
>
> Thanks,
> Rakesh
>
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Rohith.
>>
>> I am running JConsole locally on the same machine as I have my single
>> node cluster.Do I still need to enable remote access?
>>
>> On 9 Aug 2016 12:44 p.m., "Rohith Sharma K S" <ks...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Have you enabled JMX remote connections parameters for RM start up? If
>>> you are trying to remote connection, these parameter supposed to passed in
>>> hadoop opts
>>>
>>> You need to enable remote by configuring these parameter in RM jam start up.
>>>
>>> -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999 \
>>>      -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false \
>>>      -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false
>>>

>>> -Regards
>>> Rohith Sharma K S
>>>
>>> On Aug 9, 2016, at 12:32 PM, Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am trying to connect to a running ResourceManager process on Windows.
>>> I ran jconsole and it shows the ResourceManager process. When I try
>>> connecting, it immediately fails saying that it cannot connect.
>>>
>>> I verified that the cluster is running fine by running the wordcount
>>> example.
>>>
>>> Please advise.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Atri

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: Connecting JConsole to ResourceManager

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Atri,

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rohith.