Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "Surkov.Aleksandr" <al...@bk.ru> on 2020/07/10 14:34:07 UTC

Using SORT BY and ORDER BY

The org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.query.CacheQuery interface
has a comment:

 *         {@code Group by} and {@code sort by} statements are applied
separately
 *         on each node, so result set will likely be incorrectly grouped or
sorted
 *         after results from multiple remote nodes are grouped together.

As far as I understand:
1. {@code sort by} does not supported
2. ORDER BY returns a sorted list even if items are on different nodes

It is right?

Re: Using SORT BY and ORDER BY

Posted by "Surkov.Aleksandr" <al...@bk.ru>.
Thank you!

Re: Using SORT BY and ORDER BY

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

By putting your affinity column in the public key of all tables and issuing
WITH "affinity_key=<column name>" clause when creating table.

Please also see https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation

Ilya Kasnacheev

Re: Using SORT BY and ORDER BY

Posted by "Surkov.Aleksandr" <al...@bk.ru>.

Re: Using SORT BY and ORDER BY

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

1. I guess it is a honest mistake.
2. The idea here is that you can't expect that GROUP BY COL will return
anything relevant, if the table is not collocated by COL.

Ilya Kasnacheev