Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Najum Ali <na...@googlemail.com> on 2014/05/04 01:57:07 UTC

Review my CachingItemRecommender

Hi guys,

i wanted to use an ItemBasedRecommender with CachingRecommender without loosing my recommendedBecause or mostSimilarItems functionality.

Therefore I implemented a CachingItemRecommender which is pretty much the org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.impl.recommender.CachingRecommender, but contains features like recommendedBecause or mostSimilarItems, as it implements the ItemBasedRecommender Interface.

This CachingItemRecommender delegates any method calls to  #recommendedBecause or #mostSimilarItems methods to the wrapped ItemBasedRecommender.

I hosted this file as a Github Gist: https://gist.github.com/gedankennebel/36cde4484bfb851a1691

Hope you like it!

Regards
Najum