Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@tesla.io> on 2012/09/01 04:20:07 UTC

Maven ITs seem to have problems now running in parallel

I rebased the ITs for Maven I have and I notice now that the setup I had now fails to run ITs in parallel.

I do a touchstone build on Java 1.5, and then run Java 1.6 and 1.7 in parallel. This no longer works as it seems some tests are messing around with the local repository and cause failures when more then one run is executing. I can't really tell from the Jenkins setup if things are run sequentially but it seems they must be. Anyone else notice this as it would be very nice to get this capability back as it shortens the feedback cycle drastically.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

  -- Shakespeare

Re: Maven ITs seem to have problems now running in parallel

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@zenior.no>.
I'm not sure I ever ran the core IT's in parallel; and I dont think
benjamin did either...?

Kristian