Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net> on 2019/04/19 20:28:08 UTC

xrdp port 3389

Hello has anyone encountered this before, setting up Guac to use RDP port
3389 on an xrdp linux system?

image here >
<http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t768/centos_xrdp.png>

I can connect with MS-RDP client just fine but Guacamole appears to be
stalling.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thank You

Re: xrdp port 3389

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 1:28 PM sciUser <sh...@securitycentric.net>
wrote:

> Hello has anyone encountered this before, setting up Guac to use RDP port
> 3389 on an xrdp linux system?
>
> image here >
> <
> http://apache-guacamole-general-user-mailing-list.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/t768/centos_xrdp.png>
>

> I can connect with MS-RDP client just fine but Guacamole appears to be
> stalling.
>
> Any pointers would be helpful.

What you're encountering isn't familiar to me, but the issue definitely has
nothing to do with the port number.

I'd recommend checking XRDP's logs to see if there is any difference
between a successful attempt and a failing attempt. I would also recommend
checking what other differences there might be between how you're
connecting when it fails vs. succeeds (different user account? different
authentication? different networks?).

- Mike