Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "akshay.jain" <ak...@orkash.com> on 2014/09/26 09:04:28 UTC

Migrating lucene index to Elastic Search

Hi,

Is there any way to migrate a Lucene index to Elastic Search? Read
somewhere that it is possible through a Java app which would read the
documents from the Lucene index and then write it to the ES cluster. Is
that possible and if yes, how? Still a newbie with all this :p

Thanks in advance,
Akshay Jain

Re: Migrating lucene index to Elastic Search

Posted by "akshay.jain" <ak...@orkash.com>.
Hi Jack,

What I want to do is to move the data from a Lucene index into an ES index.

Thanks,
Akshay

Re: Migrating lucene index to Elastic Search

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
And also clarify whether you are simply looking for how to change your
Lucene code to write out an ES-compatible index vs. how to move the data
from your Lucene index into a true ES index. Some of the answers in the past
are that you can only move stored fields that you can read from Lucene since
ES has some special things they do so that a raw Lucene index will unlikely
be compatible with ES, and to simple "reindex" your source data directly
into ES to take full advantage of ES.

-- Jack Krupansky

It is better to post the question in Elastic Search group.

If you have the data, it is better to direclty create index from Elastic
Search.

Regards
Aditya
www.findbestopensource.com