Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Enda Reynolds <en...@hotmail.com> on 2015/01/03 19:04:07 UTC

problems......

Hi,
I recently bought a 2nd hand computer which has open
office as it's default .My problem is that all my existing documents etc
 etc as well as spreads are in windows, so I now have to run 2 computers ,
 side by fucking side, which is a poxy nuisance because the ONLY reason
 I'd use apache anything is to access the internet........so I've to
write a document or whatever in word .Access /excel on one computer,
then save it on a stick before transferring the stick to my new PC,
which has internet access........ I can't save or
convert open office to windows and vice versa, so what do i do?go out
and BUY a windows 8, or is there a conversion option available in
OpenOffice??It's like having a book in Chinese but no way of translating
 it to English......it's appropriate u call urselves apache..i
feel like I've been scalped, open office is as useful as a chocolate teapot,

sincerely,
Tubbs

Re: problems......

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

@endadreynolds: For your information Apache http server is a different product to Apache OpenOffice; these are both products under the auspices of the Apache Software Foundation <www.apache.org>, which oversees more than 150 major software products. Apache OpenOffice is an Office suite, comprising wordprocessor, spreadsheet, presentation application and other useful utilities.

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

RE: problems......