Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2012/05/16 10:02:25 UTC

Parent pom updates

Hi,

I've updated our parent pom with SLING-2480 and SLING-2481 and I would
like to release this in the near future.
If you have anything else which could be changed/added in our parent
pom, now is a good time :)

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Parent pom updates

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
2012/5/16 Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>:
> I have bumped junit:junit to 4.10 (from 4.8.2), but didn't run a full
> build - feel free to revert if you see problems.
Ok

> Also, versions:display-plugin-updates reports:
>
> INFO] The following plugin updates are available:
> [INFO]   org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin ................. 2.0.1 -> 2.3.7
> [INFO]
> [WARNING] The following plugins do not have their version specified:
> [WARNING]   maven-compiler-plugin ...................................... 2.3.2

Yepp, I just updated the parent pom to use 2.4 of the compiler

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Parent pom updates

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Am 16.05.2012 um 10:39 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:

> 2012/5/16 Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>:
>> I will create an issue and do that:
>>
>>  * update bundle plugin to latest release
>>  * add bndlib to dependencies to use BND annotations for package export
> and add scr annotations to dependencies? :)

Yes, makes sense.

Regards
Felix

Re: Parent pom updates

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
2012/5/16 Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Am 16.05.2012 um 18:25 schrieb Justin Edelson:

>>> and add scr annotations to dependencies? :)
>>>

>> dependencies or dependency management?
>>
>> Former is easier on our projects, but latter is more "correct".
>
> I thought of "dependencies". But scr annotations are already there in "dependency management". So I add bnd lib to dependency management, too.
>
> Agreed, it is not as easy but not intrusive, too.

I thought we should go for dependencies as these artifacts are used in
nearly all modules and makes it a little bit easier to use. I know
that this might be true for other deps as well, so it's questionable.

In the end I'm fine with either way :)
Regards
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Parent pom updates

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Re: Parent pom updates

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.

Re: Parent pom updates

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Parent pom updates

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Re: Parent pom updates

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Parent pom updates

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the patch and the info - I agree, it makes sense to set
this to ignore. I just applied the patch

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

RE: Parent pom updates

Posted by Robert Munteanu <rm...@adobe.com>.
Bug and patch added

Re: Parent pom updates

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

Am 17.05.2012 um 14:35 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:

> 2012/5/17 Robert Munteanu <rm...@adobe.com>:

These are required on the final bundle only, anyway. For incremental build support of the annotations we should probably plug directly into Eclipse as a plugin instead of through the maven build.

I am fine with disabling those for incremental build.

Regards
Felix

RE: Parent pom updates

Posted by Robert Munteanu <rm...@adobe.com>.