Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Laxman, Vidya" <VL...@Tilion.com> on 2000/07/26 22:53:26 UTC

RE: XRI requirements

I noticed in the XRI specs there is no reference to LDAP protocol support?
In the BtoB world more and more people are using Directory Service, maybe
they would like to store the DTD's there, so is there any way while parsing
the parser can recognise the LDAP path as an External DTD reference?

Thanks,
-Vidya

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
On interfaces, just check the "XmlNavigator" idea on:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/xml07242000.asp

  <quote>
  XMLNavigator provides a "cursor" or "iterator" over
  any XML tree, and methods for moving around the tree
  </quote>

Some methods:
  MoveToNext, MoveToPrevious,
  MoveToParent, MoveToFirstChild,
  MoveToAttribute,
  Insert, Move, Remove,
  CopyChildren,
  Select,
  Matches...

Another idea:
  <quote>
  XmlNavigator class can navigate any XML, not just the
  in-memory DOM tree.
  </quote>

And from here... it gets really weird. Remember that M$
was thinking about implementing XSLT without DOM???
Well, that does NOT mean it is a SAX source either:
  <quote>
  ...by providing an XmlNavigator subclass called
  DataDocumentNavigator, which can navigate relational
  tables, rows, and columns stored in an ADO+ DataSet...
  </quote>
  <quote>
  The XmlNavigator class's XPath support also allows you
  to provide input to the XslTransform class. Plug in
  the DataDocumentNavigator, and you will quickly see
  that you can now transform relational data with XSLT
  just as easily as you can transform the contents of an
  XmlDocument object.
  </quote>

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar

Re: XRI requirements

Posted by Ted Leung <tw...@sauria.com>.
Is there a reason that doing this through EntityResolver is inadequate?

Ted