Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Dongjin Lee <do...@apache.org> on 2021/06/05 21:37:02 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-390: Support Compression Level (rebooted)

Hi all,

I'd like to open a voting thread for KIP-390: Support Compression Level
(rebooted):

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-390%3A+Support+Compression+Level

Best,
Dongjin

--
*Dongjin Lee*

*A hitchhiker in the mathematical world.*

*github:  <http://goog_969573159/>github.com/dongjinleekr
<https://github.com/dongjinleekr>keybase: https://keybase.io/dongjinleekr
<https://keybase.io/dongjinleekr>linkedin: kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr
<https://kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr>speakerdeck: speakerdeck.com/dongjin
<https://speakerdeck.com/dongjin>*

Re: [VOTE] KIP-390: Support Compression Level (rebooted)

Posted by Dongjin Lee <do...@apache.org>.
Bumping up the voting thread.

Please note that today is the KIP freeze day. +1 non-binding until now.

Thanks,
Dongjin

Posted by Ryanne Dolan <ry...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding), thanks!

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jun,

Good catch!
The new configuration is indeed compression.zstd.level instead of
compression.snappy.level. I've updated the KIP.

Thanks,
Mickael

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io.INVALID>.
Hi, Mickael,

Posted by Tom Bentley <to...@apache.org>.
Hi Mickael,

+1 to getting KIP-390 merged with the per-codec level config.

Thanks,

Tom

Posted by "Diop, Assane" <as...@intel.com>.
Hi Mickael

Posted by Divij Vaidya <di...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good. I am onboard to start with first steps and eventually move
towards a place where compression codec settings are more generic /
pluggable.
--
Divij Vaidya

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.