Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dirk Hoffmann <dh...@web.de> on 2004/07/01 14:40:14 UTC

revision number of head revision without working copy

Hello,

is there a way to get the revision number of the HEAD revision of a
repository without a working copy.

I tried `snv log -r HEAD <url of repository>' which works fine as long
as a log message had been provided for this revision.

But what if not?

A question regarding the java binding:
How can I get the list of properties (also custom properties) of a
certain revision?

SVNClientInterface provides a properties() method but without the
possibility to specify a revision.

Any help very much appreciated.

Regards,
Dirk

Re: revision number of head revision without working copy

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:40:14 +0200, Dirk Hoffmann <dh...@web.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is there a way to get the revision number of the HEAD revision of a
> repository without a working copy.
>
> I tried `snv log -r HEAD <url of repository>' which works fine as long
> as a log message had been provided for this revision.
>
> But what if not?

Umm, there's always a log message provided for a revision...  You
might have a problem if the HEAD revision didn't modify the part of
the repository you're refering to with the URL (say if you're giving
it svn://foo/repos/trunk but the most recent modification was actually
in svn://foo/repos/branches), but you can get around that by passing
the url to the root of the repository.

-garrett