Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Blasnik <ch...@netway.at> on 2000/11/15 09:45:46 UTC

Re: permissions of tomcat tree

Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> What are the permissions/ownership of the full tomcat tree?
> I wonder if moving around the tree from one disk to another
> using a tar pipe has messed my tomcat tree.
>
> --
> Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de

in my setup everything belongs to root, but since "nobody" starts
tomcat, the logfile and work directory belong to nobody:nobody (or
nobody:root if you prefer)
(actually the work and log dir are just sym-links to another dir in
/var/log/tomcat/ - one should keep the filesystem tidy :-)

the class (respectively .jar) files and config files only have to be
readable by the user starting tomcat

regards,

christopher blasnik