Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880" <Mi...@je.jfcom.mil> on 2007/01/18 17:30:17 UTC

Error building nightly build?

I'm trying to build the nightly build: batik-svn-07-01-18.zip and I get
the following error in JDK 1.4:

clean-compile:

   [delete] Deleting directory C:\projects\xml-batik\classes

clean-docs:

clean-test:

clean:

compile-prepare:

    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\projects\xml-batik\classes

     [echo] debug on, optimize on, deprecation on

compile:

    [javac] Compiling 1627 source files to C:\projects\xml-batik\classes

    [javac]
C:\projects\xml-batik\sources\org\apache\batik\apps\svgbrowser\Main.java
:874: warning: encode(java.lang.String) in java.net.URLEncoder has been
deprecated

    [javac]                 (URLEncoder.encode(
lastVisited.get(i).toString()));

    [javac]                            ^

    [javac]
C:\projects\xml-batik\sources\org\apache\batik\apps\svgbrowser\Main.java
:920: warning: decode(java.lang.String) in java.net.URLDecoder has been
deprecated

    [javac]
lastVisited.addElement(URLDecoder.decode(st.nextToken()));

    [javac]                                                  ^

    [javac]
C:\projects\xml-batik\sources\org\apache\batik\apps\svgbrowser\Preferenc
eDialog.java:946: cannot resolve symbol

    [javac] symbol  : constructor FileDialog
(org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.PreferenceDialog)

    [javac] location: class java.awt.FileDialog

    [javac]                     new FileDialog(PreferenceDialog.this);

    [javac]                     ^

    [javac]
C:\projects\xml-batik\sources\org\apache\batik\dom\svg\SVGURIReferenceSu
pport.java:37: cannot resolve symbol

    [javac] symbol  : method getAnimatedStringAttribute
(java.lang.String,java.lang.String)

    [javac] location: class org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMElement

    [javac]         return ((SVGOMElement)elt).

    [javac]                ^

    [javac] 2 errors

    [javac] 2 warnings

Java 1.4.2 only accepts Frame objects in the FileDialog constructor.
Java 5.0 accepts Dialog objects.  Is Batik only to be compiled under
Java 5.0, or is this an oversight?

Michael Bishop

Re: Error building nightly build?

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi Michael.

Bishop, Michael W. CONTR J9C880:
…
>     [javac]
> C:\projects\xml-batik\sources\org\apache\batik\apps\svgbrowser\Preferenc
> eDialog.java:946: cannot resolve symbol
>
>     [javac] symbol  : constructor FileDialog
> (org.apache.batik.apps.svgbrowser.PreferenceDialog)
>
>     [javac] location: class java.awt.FileDialog
>
>     [javac]                     new FileDialog(PreferenceDialog.this);
>
>     [javac]                     ^
>
>     [javac]
> C:\projects\xml-batik\sources\org\apache\batik\dom\svg\SVGURIReferenceSu
> pport.java:37: cannot resolve symbol
>
>     [javac] symbol  : method getAnimatedStringAttribute
> (java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
>
>     [javac] location: class org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGOMElement
>
>     [javac]         return ((SVGOMElement)elt).
>
>     [javac]                ^
>
>     [javac] 2 errors
>
>     [javac] 2 warnings
>

> Java 1.4.2 only accepts Frame objects in the FileDialog constructor.
> Java 5.0 accepts Dialog objects.  Is Batik only to be compiled under
> Java 5.0, or is this an oversight?

It’s an oversight.  I just committed a version of the file that uses the
no-argument constructor.

Also, the SVGURIReferenceSupport.java file is no longer in the
repository, so it should not be in the SVN snapshot you downloaded.  You
should delete it.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/