Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Maxim Volkonovsky <ma...@cma.ru> on 2000/10/05 14:57:26 UTC

xerces 1.3.0 with ICU

Hello,

Did anybody try to use Xerces 1.3.0 with ICU library? I have been
trying to run DOMPrint sample and got a run-time check exception for
corrupted memory block in ReaderMgr.cpp:107 (deletion of
fReaderStack).

P.S. Environment: Win2K/MSVC 6, ICU 1.6

Best regards,                           mailto:maxwolf@cma.ru
 Maxim

Comparing elements

Posted by Thomas Norton <to...@ndtechnologies.com>.
Hi,
Is there a easy method for comparing two elements?
This would include comparing attributes (and their values)
for the elements and their children.

Thanks,
   Tom

Re: xerces 1.3.0 with ICU

Posted by Andy Heninger <an...@jtcsv.com>.
>Did anybody try to use Xerces 1.3.0 with ICU library? I have been
>trying to run DOMPrint sample and got a run-time check exception for
>corrupted memory block in ReaderMgr.cpp:107 (deletion of
>fReaderStack).
>
>P.S. Environment: Win2K/MSVC 6, ICU 1.6
>
>Best regards,                           mailto:maxwolf@cma.ru
> Maxim

Yes, we've run this configuration extensively.

The version that went out with xerces-c 1.3 is the one with the cast.
Is this your patched version?

I would like to understand what happened, just in case there's
a problem lurking.

Andy Heninger
IBM XML Technology Group, Cupertino, CA
heninger@us.ibm.com

============
> RCS file:
c:\cvsroot/xerces_1_3/src/util/Transcoders/ICU/ICUTransService.cpp,v

============

Re: xerces 1.3.0 with ICU

Posted by Maxim Volkonovsky <ma...@cma.ru>.
Hello Maxim,

It seems, that the following patch will fix the problem.
Be aware of typecasting....

RCS file: c:\cvsroot/xerces_1_3/src/util/Transcoders/ICU/ICUTransService.cpp,v
retrieving revision 1.2
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -r1.2 -r1.1
536c536