Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@devsys.jaguNET.com> on 1999/05/12 18:12:13 UTC

emximp "troubles" under FreeBSD 2.2.8

Hmmm... just noticed this but using the default 'make' with FreeBSD 2.2.8,
it complains:

   emximp -o .def.a
   emximp: not found
   *** Error code 1

   Stop.

Doesn't happen if I use GNUmake though. Anyone else seeing this?

Re: emximp "troubles" under FreeBSD 2.2.8

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > Hmmm... just noticed this but using the default 'make' with
> > FreeBSD 2.2.8, it complains:
> >
> >    emximp -o .def.a
> >    emximp: not found
> >    *** Error code 1

It's not recognising ".def.a:" as a rule.  If I add

.SUFFIXES: .def

before the ".def.a" line, it works.  On FreeBSD and Linux, at least;
I don't know about any other platforms.
--
#ken    P-)}

Re: emximp "troubles" under FreeBSD 2.2.8

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Hmmm... just noticed this but using the default 'make' with
> FreeBSD 2.2.8, it complains:
>
>    emximp -o .def.a
>    emximp: not found
>    *** Error code 1
>
>    Stop.
>
> Doesn't happen if I use GNUmake though. Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, on FreeBSD 3.0 with default make.
--
#ken    P-)}