Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Giesen Giesen <gi...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/15 06:08:37 UTC

Requests from a Struts Newbie

>From http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/hello-world.html, I see:

import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport;

This doesn't compile and I can't find this package anywhere. I'm
guessing that is older WebWork code and hasn't been updated to the
newer package hierarchy.

Could you guys update the tutorials to work with the latest release
(currently 2.06)? Or at least remove the out of date ones? It's really
frustrating to diagnose legacy problems and obsolete code in tutorials
like this.

Second request: Web forums. Mailing lists are much more awkward to
use. I am well versed in them, I know about the web archive
interfaces, but web forums are just so much simpler and easier to deal
with.

Re: Requests from a Struts Newbie

Posted by Kenton <gi...@gmail.com>.
Wow, thanks! My apologies, I should have figured that out before posting. But
it works great! Thanks! Nabble is great as well. I couldn't be happier.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/07, Giesen Giesen <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/hello-world.html, I see:
>
> import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport;
>
> This doesn't compile and I can't find this package anywhere. I'm
> guessing that is older WebWork code and hasn't been updated to the
> newer package hierarchy.

No, that's XWork 2 code, right where it should be.  What Struts
distribution are you working with?  The struts-2.0.6-lib.zip file
includes xwork-2.0.1.jar, make sure it's available on your classpath.

--
Wendy

Re: Requests from a Struts Newbie

Posted by Victor Neo <ic...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kenton,

import com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport; is valid. You might want to
ensure that you have the correct JAR files.

You can always get the  http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts206
blank struts 2 project  with all the necessary libraries.