Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Israel Tsadok <it...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/31 08:55:38 UTC

Mail name

When creating a new MailImpl object, you need to provide a name.
I couldn't find an explanation of what that name is exactly and what are the
requirements for it.

Could somebody explain what the name is used for, and what relation it has
to the message ID?
Thanks.

Re: Mail name

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

the name must be a unique String. Usually you would inject the
MailServer instance and use:
mailserver.getId();

for the name. See this for example:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/james/server/trunk/smtpserver/src/main/java/org/apache/james/smtpserver/DataLineJamesMessageHookHandler.java?view=markup

There is no relation to the message ID and the mail name.

Hope it helps,
Norman

And then set the