Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Sadaf_Choudhry <Sa...@infosys.com> on 2004/07/29 16:47:28 UTC

ParsedHTML.getIncludedScript

Hi,
I am new to cactus, and am trying to test servlets through it.
I follow the tutorial that comes along with the cactus download and it
works fine.
Then I try to test a servlet of my own, and I get an exception.
It is attached below.

Why am I getting this? I have no idea. Can somebody help? What can I do
to run my tests successfully.

Testsuite: TestServlet
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 1.187 sec

Testcase: testDoGet took 0.952 sec
 Caused an ERROR
null
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
com.meterware.httpunit.ParsedHTML.getIncludedScript(ParsedHTML.java:305)
 at com.meterware.httpunit.ParsedHTML.getScript(ParsedHTML.java:289)
 at
com.meterware.httpunit.ParsedHTML.interpretScriptElement(ParsedHTML.java
:269)
 at com.meterware.httpunit.ParsedHTML.access$600(ParsedHTML.java:37)
 at
com.meterware.httpunit.ParsedHTML$ScriptFactory.recordElement(ParsedHTML
.java:404)
 at
com.meterware.httpunit.ParsedHTML$2.processElement(ParsedHTML.java:556)
 at
com.meterware.httpunit.NodeUtils$PreOrderTraversal.perform(NodeUtils.jav
a:169)
 at com.meterware.httpunit.ParsedHTML.loadElements(ParsedHTML.java:566)
 at com.meterware.httpunit.ParsedHTML.getLinks(ParsedHTML.java:113)
 at
com.meterware.httpunit.ParsedHTML.getFirstMatchingLink(ParsedHTML.java:6
78)
 at com.meterware.httpunit.ParsedHTML.getLinkWith(ParsedHTML.java:653)
 at com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse.getLinkWith(WebResponse.java:365)
 at TestServlet.endDoGet(TestServlet.java:58)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.callGenericEndMet
hod(ClientTestCaseCaller.java:441)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.callEndMethod_aro
undBody2(ClientTestCaseCaller.java:208)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.callEndMethod_aro
undBody3$advice(ClientTestCaseCaller.java:206)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.callEndMethod(Cli
entTestCaseCaller.java)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.runTest(ClientTes
tCaseCaller.java:148)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBareClient(Abstract
CactusTestCase.java:215)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBare(AbstractCactus
TestCase.java:133)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTe
stRunner.java:231)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitT
estRunner.java:409)

-Sadaf

RE: ParsedHTML.getIncludedScript

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Sadaf,

This is a known bug. There's already a JIRA issue file against it. If
someone could provide a patch, I'll apply it. For the moment I haven't
looked into it and I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks
-Vincent