Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Sand <rs...@vgalleries.com> on 2000/07/29 07:40:03 UTC

Tomcat setting wrong host on redirect

Hi all- whenever I do a respond.sendredirect, Tomcat inserts the actual
hostname of the web server into the redirect, instead of the hostname from
the request or the hostname as specified in my Apache httpd.conf.  For
example, externally, my server is known as www.xyz.com:81, whereas on the
inside it is simply known as "abc".  So on every redirect, the browser is
told to go to http://abc/mytarget which it then expands to
www.abc.com/mytarget which is, of course, totally wrong!

Is there some way to force Tomcat to put the proper host into the redirect?
Perhaps some tag in the server.xml that isn't there at the moment?  Thanks!!

-Richard