Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Andre <an...@fucs.org> on 2017/02/09 22:02:58 UTC

[NIFI-1657] Heads-up: NiFi's travis-ci is going "multi-lingual"

devs,

In order to improve our ability to detect locale related bugs during
development, Pierre and I have been working on getting the surefire-plugin
to support user defined languages and to add some of these languages to the
travis-ci environment matrix.

It took a bit of trial and error but it seems like we are finally on the
way to merge.

Once the PR gets merged, travis-ci will start building using the following
locales:

* en_US;
* ja_JP;
* pt_BR, and
* fr_FR

the locale can also be set on you local development environment - without
changes to your overall operating system - by using the following
properties:

mvn -Pcontrib-check verify -Dsurefire.user.language=hu
-Dsurefire.user.region=HU

We know that at this stage some of the tests will fail but hopefully the
community will soon manage to address those.

Cheers

Re: [NIFI-1657] Heads-up: NiFi's travis-ci is going "multi-lingual"

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Definitely helpful and it looks like we have picked up a test failure with
the way in which generated JSON numbers are formatted.

Created a ticket to address: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-3483

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Andre & Pierre,