Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Keith Hackworth <ke...@rpemail.com> on 2004/10/26 17:51:27 UTC

Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin

I'm  tired of rewriting my custom-built EvalTest.pm tests every time a new
SA comes out, so I'm converting them to Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin(s)
(Chris - this is the BAD_TAGS invalid html tag identifier and the E@sy
Tr@ns filters I posted about 6 months ago).

I finally got my code to work perfectly after quite a bit of trial and
error, but one problem - it's not reporting back to sa whether it's spam
or not.  I'm doing a "return 1" (spam) or "return 0" (ham) at the end of
my subroutine, and it's not tripping the rule.

Am I just doing it wrong?  Should I be using something like
$self->isspam=1 instead?

Once I get these 2 plugins working, I'll post them to the list for others
to use.

Thanks,
Keith

Re: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 11:51:27AM -0400, Keith Hackworth wrote:
> I finally got my code to work perfectly after quite a bit of trial and
> error, but one problem - it's not reporting back to sa whether it's spam
> or not.  I'm doing a "return 1" (spam) or "return 0" (ham) at the end of
> my subroutine, and it's not tripping the rule.

Without seeing the code, there's no way to know what you're talking about. ;)

> Am I just doing it wrong?  Should I be using something like
> $self->isspam=1 instead?

No, the plugin should create an EvalTest, and then the EvalTest code is
exactly the same (pretty much) as the non-plugin version.  return 0/1 is the
right thing.

There are two plugins you can look at, Test which is just a generic EvalTest
sample, and MSExec (URL below) which is a MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE replacement I
made for 3.1.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/MSExec.pm

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
I want to see people using Perl to glue things together creatively, not